How to Deep Clean Vinyl Floors
Cleaning vinyl floors can be a demanding task. There are so many products and methods available, it can be hard to know which one to use. Keeping your vinyl floor clean and free of dirt and debris is the best way to keep your floor in top condition and free from scratches and scuff marks.
In this article, we will outline the best way to clean vinyl floors using the least amount of product and effort.
What You'll Need for Cleaning a Vinyl Floor
There are a variety of floor cleaning products you can choose from just be sure not to use any harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as this could damage the vinyl.
For a general cleaning, you will need:
- Broom and dustpan
- Vacuum cleaner with a soft brush attachment
- Warm water
- Mild floor cleaning solution
For tougher stains, you may need:
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
Steps for Cleaning Vinyl Floors
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove any dirt, dust or debris. Be sure to use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to avoid scratching the floor.
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a mild floor cleaning solution.
- Dip the sponge into the cleaning solution and wring it out until it’s only slightly damp.
- Gently scrub the floor with the sponge, taking care to avoid any scratches.
- Rinse the sponge in the bucket of clean water and wring it out.
- Continue rinsing and wringing the sponge until all the dirt and soap suds are gone.
- Use a clean, damp mop to remove any remaining dirt or cleaning solution.
- Allow the floor to air dry completely before walking on it or replacing furniture.
- For tougher stains, you can make a paste out of equal parts vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Apply the paste to the stain and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before gently scrubbing with a sponge. Rinse with clean water and allow the area to air dry.
Cleaning vinyl floors can be a daunting task but with the right tools and a little elbow grease, your floor will be shining in no time. Be sure to sweep or vacuum regularly and spot clean as needed to keep your vinyl floor looking its best.
Or if you are looking to get a brand new vinyl floor, then contact Avelino Flooring today! We have a variety of colours and styles to choose from to match any home décor. Give us a call for a free estimate or more information.